The National Vector Borne Diseases Control Programme functions as per the guidelines laid down by the NVBDCP, Govt. of India to prevent and control vector borne diseases like Malaria, Filaria, Dengue, Chikungunya & Japanese Encephalitis in strategies involved for control of vector borne diseases:-
- Early detection and prompt & complete treatment.
- Surveillance measures including active and passive.
- Integrated vector control measures comprising of both Anti-Larval and anti-adult measures.
- Bio-environmental control measures comprising of supply fish introduction as an effective anti-larval measure to reduce vector pressure.
- Source reduction by simple physical methods and cleanliness drives in the community.
- Promotion of personal protection methods namely use of insecticides treated bed nets, use of mosquito repellants, etc. to prevent man-mosquito contact.
- Behaviour Change Communication strategies to create mass awareness.