Name of the Section:
AYUSH Cell, Directorate of Health Services, Campal, Panaji – Goa
AYUSH systems of Medicine include Indian systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy. AYUSH is an acronym for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa & Homoeopathy. Ayurveda is the oldest system with documented history of its practice since more than 5000 years whereas Homoeopathy is in practice in India for around 100 years. These systems are being practised in the country with diverse preferences of people and infrastructural facilities.
National AYUSH Mission (NAM):
The basic objective of NAM is to promote AYUSH medical systems through cost effective AYUSH services, strengthening of educational systems, facilitate the enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani & Homoeopathy (ASU &H) drugs and sustainable availability of ASU & H raw materials. It envisages flexibility of implementation of the programmes which will lead to substantial participation of the State Governments/UT. The NAM contemplates establishment of a National Mission as well as corresponding Missions in the State level. NAM is likely to improve significantly the Department’s outreach in terms of planning, supervision and monitoring of the schemes.
- To provide cost effective and equitable AYUSH health care throughout the country by improving access to the services.
- To revitalize and strengthen the AYUSH systems making them as prominent medical streams in addressing the health care of the society.
- To improve educational institutions capable of imparting quality AYUSH education
- To promote the adoption of Quality standards of AYUSH drugs and making available the sustained supply of AYUSH raw-materials.
- To provide cost effective AYUSH Services, by upgrading AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries, co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs).
- To strengthen institutional capacity at the state level through upgrading AYUSH educational institutions, State Govt. ASU&H Pharmacies, Drug Testing Laboratories and ASU & H enforcement mechanism.
- Support cultivation of medicinal plants by adopting Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) so as to provide sustained supply of quality raw materials and support certification mechanism for quality standards, Good Agricultural/Collection/Storage Practices.
- Support setting up of clusters through convergence of cultivation, warehousing, value addition and marketing and development of infrastructure for entrepreneurs.
The State AYUSH Society Goa (SASG) was constituted on 16 June, 2015 to implement the National AYUSH Mission in the state. The AYUSH Cell was formed to ensure seamless implementation of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes under NAM in the state. State AYUSH Society Goa under National AYUSH Mission is constituted with objective to promote AYUSH Health Care System and to provide cost effective AYUSH Services to community in the state Goa.
- Under the co-location of AYUSH Dispensaries, AYUSH OPDs have been developed at all Health Centres (PHCs/CHCs/SDHs & DHs). Ayurvedic & Homoeopathic physicians are providing consultation, advice and medicines to availing patients.
|Sr.No||Up-gradation Work Undertaken||Health Centre|
|1||AYUSH Dispensary/OPD||PHC Corlim|
|2||AYUSH Dispensary/OPD||PHC Cortalim|
|3||AYUSH Dispensary/OPD||PHC Colvale|
|4||AYUSH Dispensary/OPD||PHC Chinchinim|
|5||AYUSH Dispensary/OPD & Medicine store||PHC Dharbandora|
- Procuring AYUSH Medicines from standard pharmaceuticals having GMP certification. Ayurvedic & Homoeopathic Medicines are supplied to all AYUSH Dispensaries/OPDs by Medicines Store Depot (MSD), DHS through State Budget. Also Ayurvedic medicines have been procured from IMPCL from NAM Funds and supplied to all Health Centres.
The medicines are provided to patients free of cost at the Government Dispensaries.
- Establishment of AYUSH Wellness Centres in cascading manner to popularize AYUSH way of life to reduce burden of non-communicable disease and to promote health & well-being in society. This will include yoga demonstrations & courses, PanchaKarma Therapy facility which public can avail of.
- AYUSH Wellness Centre with Yoga at 8 Centres
- Panchakarma Therapy is being conducted at 4 Centres
PHC Aldona, PHC Candolim, PHC Cortalim, Hospicio Hospital Margao (DH),
- Yoga Wellness Centre at 2 Centres
North Goa: One
South Goa: One
- Several programmes are regularly conducted all over the state in the form of Medical Health Camps, Awareness talks, Yoga Demonstrations etc. AYUSH way of life is popularized vide these activities so as to help in reducing the burden of Communicable & Non-communicable diseases, help in their management, to promote National Campaigns like Geriatric Campaign, Anti-Anaemia Campaign, Vector-Borne Disease Campaign to improve health of Children & Adolescent in School Health Programme and to provide the benefit of well-being & health to the public.
- 50 bedded AYUSH integrated Hospital in Velguem
- 50 bedded AYUSH integrated Hospital in Mont Hill, Margao
- One AYUSH Tribal Mobile Medical Unit